music


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com


profile

Yeeshian Sim's Profile
Yeeshian Sim's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge


i am shaine
and i will be 23
coming august 31st.




archives

January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
April 2011
May 2011
July 2011
October 2011
December 2011
January 2012
June 2012
October 2012






footprints

xoxo




Sunday, May 18, 2008 @ 9:23 PM

Teacher Blocks Floor Slab with Body, Saving Four Students

Middle school teacher Tan Qiuqian from Hanwang Town in Deyang City sacrificed himself for four students. "He was found with his arms spread over a desk where four students were found underneath," said a rescue worker. "Tan was dead but the children were still alive!" The back of Tan's brain was smashed by the floor slab.

Also in Deyang City's Shifanghongbai Town Central School, a young teacher named Tang Hong could have easily escaped from the building because he was teaching on the ground floor. Yet, when rescuers found his body, he holding one of his students in his arms while sheltering several others with his body.
Tang died in rubble, but the students he protected all survived. Tang was just over twenty years old with a nearly seven-month-old baby.

Taken from The Epoch Times

Looking at news articles reporting about the different people who survived, and the different people who died. Different things looked upon with the same emotion. Watching the news and reading the newspapers, there are good news and bad news altogether on the same page, but all I felt was sadness. I cried when I saw the reports and the photographs of faces flattened beyond recognition, of bodies lying around.
And there was the mother, who had sacrificed herself by shielding her baby with her body when the quake took place. She had left an SMS on her phone to her child to tell the child that she loves him.

Lots of tales of bravery, of love, of sacrifices, of goodbyes.

I thank God that I live in Singapore which is safe and sound,
I thank God for my friend who managed to escape unharmed
and I pray that the people in Myanmar and Si Chuan will be able to live through this disaster-plagued days. Amen.

P.S. I have finally gotten my wireless connection!