|
music profile Create Your Badge i am shaine and i will be 23 coming august 31st. archives January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 April 2011 May 2011 July 2011 October 2011 December 2011 January 2012 June 2012 October 2012 footprints xoxo |
Wednesday, October 31, 2007 @ 10:22 PM
appreciate and cherish before you complain about food that doesn't taste nice, think about the many people in the world who can't even get a grain of rice. before you complain that the rain has gotten your new shoes dirty, think about the people who pray for rain. think about the people who walks bare-footed everywhere. before you complain that your parents nag too much, think about the orphans who long for a parent's touch. before you complain that your handphone isn't good enough, think about the people who do not even have a phone at home. before you complain that you no longer want to live, think about the people who wished so much to live, and yet couldn't. before you complain that you are not rich enough, think about the people who are poorer than you. before you complain that nobody listens to you, think about when you actually listened to others. before you complain that you are not fortunate enough, think about others who have so many more misfortunes than you, and yet are still living well. before you complain that school sucks, think about the children who wish so much for a proper education in a proper school. before you complain that your house is never big enough, think about the people who are homeless and sleeping by the roadside. As I grew older, I started learning the importance of cherishing. I would cry if I ever think of my parents leaving me, and that, taught me to cherish. If my life is without friends, that would be horrible too. There are many times we tell ourselves, "We should learn to cherish now." Have we really learnt? Have we started cherishing the things around us? I certainly haven't. I still find it hard to tell my mum and dad that I love them so much because they are really really 伟大. That they have done so many things for me and my siblings that I cannot recall all of them. How my mum always stood up for me, even when I'm in the wrong. I remember a few days before I dropped out of AJC, the principal reprimanded me because I kept skipping school and produced such horrible results. My mum stood up for me and argued that I was really sick even though she knew that I skipped school on purpose. I was so touched. I remember the time when dad fork out $10 for me to go out when he was running out of money and payday wasn't anywhere near, how he always tried his best to give me money when i asked.. no matter how broke he already was. My father has to continue working such a tough job despite his medical condition, getting sunburnt everytime because he has to work under the scorching sun. How my father has to undergo endless painful tests to confirm that his cancer is under control, going to work even though he is having a fever for the sake of his salary.. The big smiles on my parents' faces when I treated them to just a simple salad and drinks at Delifrance, or a meal at KFC. They cherish me, and thus I should cherish them. I love my parents, I hope one day I will find the courage to tell them. My siblings, how my sister has a birthday present for me every year, even though she makes it herself. The card she made for me when I was sick.. How my brother would go to supper with me when I asked, his standing up for me when I get nagged at by mum. I love my siblings too, but I don't have the courage to tell them too. Friends who are there to laugh with me, to bitch with me, to help me out when I'm in need, to be my ATM, to be my friend, I thank you all so much. There's nothing more accurate than "A friend in need is a friend indeed". :) |